Sweepstakes Name: "7-11 Bracket Challenge” (the “Sweepstakes”) (revised 3/11/13)
Radio Station(s): KSSK, KDNN & KUCD (the “Stations”)
Clear Channel Media & entertainment., its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agree as follows:
1. Description of Sweepstakes/Participation.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN ONLY TO HAWAII RESIDENTS.
Dates of Bracket Challenge:
Sweepstakes begins at 3:01 p.m. Hawaii Time 3/17/13 and ends 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Time, 4/20/13 (“Promotion Period”).
How to Enter:
Register by completing an official bracket available online through the 7-11 Bracket Challenge link on each of the following websites: www.island985.com, www.star1019.com & www.ksskradio.com . Each bracket must be fully filled out for the entry to be valid. One entry per person, per household.
2. Prizes/Odds. No Cash prizes will be awarded in this sweepstakes.
Grand Prize is a Black16GB iPad and will be awarded to the player who has the best overall record at the end of the tournament. (value: $499.99)
Go Pro Camera will be awarded to the player with the best score after the semi final round (final four) (Value:$399.99)
Beats By Dr. Dre - Monster Headphones and will be awarded to the player with the best score after the second round (Value:$199.99)
100 participants will be randomly selected for a chance to win a brand new 2012 Chevy Sonic.
Odds of winning a prize depend upon number of entries received.
Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. . The 100 participants for a chance to win the 2012 Chevy Sonic will be given a separate set of rules and regulations set by Cutter Chevrolet once they are notified of their selection.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal residents of Hawaii and if the participant is under the age of 18, a parent or guardian will need to accompany them in order to pick up the prize. Only one (1) prize per household from any of the Company’s stations within any thirty (30) day period. Employees and directors of Seven-Eleven Hawaii, Inc and Coca-Cola Refreshments & Clear Channel Media and Entertainment and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members [spouse, children, siblings, parents] and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related
4. Delivery Disclaimer. For all contests and sweepstakes the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, miss-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and/or sweepstakes and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Sweepstakes, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Sweepstakes to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
6. Release. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Sweepstakes’ sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT AND/OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF LAW AND SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. For the name of the winners or to enter without purchase, write your name and complete address on a 3”x5” card and mail in a first-class stamped envelope to: Bracket Challenge c/o Island 98.5 Radio or Star 1019 radio or 939 Jamz Radio, 650 Iwilei Road, Honolulu, HI 96817 for receipt by 5/15/12. Any entries mailed in become the sole property of the radio station and will not be returned.
“Apple, Dre Beats & Monster Headphones and Go Pro are not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.”
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Sweepstakes is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests or sweepstakes, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Sweepstakes, etc. as required by local and state law.